How is LiteSpeed for SQL Server Database Backups

• Guys,

Any insight into the LiteSpeed 2005? I downloaded the eval. edition and it seems to be pretty good when it comes to compress the data. It seems like it also takes less time to backup the database when compare to SQL backup. Please share if you guys have any experience with it.

Thanks In Advance

Satish

• I've go more insight than you would ever want to know! Do you have any specific questions?

• I want to know how reliable is this product. Can I use this tool to make backup of the databases more than 200 GB in size. When I restore from the backup file can I be confident that it won't loose any data.

• Well, the latest version 4.6 is the fastest, most stable, and reliable version that has ever been released. It has several thousand users world wide. I can tell you we get very few calls about failed backups or restores at this point.

I've used the product since version 2.5 and now sit on the development team for it. When I was out in the field I used it to backup databases as large as 2TB in size.

Wes

• Hello Guys,

Litespeed is a great back-up and restore tool but their customer service sucks. The tool considerably shrinks the back-up files and also less restore time. But some times the transaction log files will be corrupted with out any reason and we get no help from customer service. All communication would be through emails so it takes a week to resolve our issue. In one word... Litespeed is a great tool with high risk in using it.

Bhushan

• I apologize about your customer service experience. We are working hard to resolve it. There was an issue discovered early on in the 4.5 release where under specific conditions a tlog could hang and be corrupted. When this was brought to developments attention it was fixed asap.

Bhushan,

If you like feel free to contact me via PM about your experience I'll feed it to the proper channels to help improve our customer support!

If you are still having an issue, I'll be more than happy to help resolve it as well.

Wes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply