How to add configuration file for DTSX Package

• Hi Everyone

I have created a DTSX package.

But everytime i cant open the Execute packages utility and change the connection managers confirguration.

Instead of that , i want to add configuration file(ex app.config), where i can change the connctionstring for the flat file and database details.

Please let me know

thanks in advance

regards

kumaran

• Hi,

I reckon what you need is to execute the package along with its configuration without having to always select the configuration file from the DTExecUI utility. Therefore you look for a way to include the configuration file's path in a Connection Manager and then use it to be "automatically" associated with the package in some way.

If that is the case you could use the following method as an alternative, and you would not need to have a Connection Manager for the Configuration file, since configuration files themselves are used for providing config information such as connection string to the package:

Type this from the command prompt:

DTExecUI /DT <package path> /Conf <configuration file path>

This would open the DTExec utility with the package and configuration already added to it. All you need to do is click on the Execute button. An even simpler approach would be to include the above command in a batch file.

Let me know if this helped

Regards

• I have a situation where I am querying a daily SQL DB snapshot of a large legacy system.  The name of the DB is tagged with the snapshot date, so every day the connection string must change to point ot the current snapshot db.

The approach I am using is to store the SSIS Configs in a SQL SSIS Config  table.  I run a scheduled SQL job to update the config entries with the appropriate db name prior to executing the SSIS packages.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply