How to add lock pages in memory to SQL Server service account

• Hi,

We have a huge estate and we are planning to install sql server remotely. we want to lock pages in memory permission to sql server service account.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve it. I cannot use NTRIghts.exe as i have to install that components to some 2000 servers.

any script etc will be easy

• are all your SQL servers in one OU within active directory?

if so you could create a GP to enable it at the OU level, you can specify the list of SQL engine accounts you have in the GP and each server will pick it up and apply lock pages in memory for all accounts even though only one account is running SQL.

it does require a restart to pick up the new GP though so might not be a valid option unless you have downtime planned.

• We have few servers in domain and few are working in workgroup.

So, if it is in domain , we use the domain service account.

If it is workgroup, we create a local user and make that account as service account.

Also, soon, this app wil be designed for 3rd party application and i dont think we can implement that

• no that wont work for your estate then as its only anything which can be controlled via group policy that will get lock pages in memory set.

unsure on anything else which would set it on mass.

dont know if you could get a powershell script which gets the account running SQL then sets the lock pages in memory via secpol.msc

maybe some windows admin or some powershell gurus could knock something up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply