How to attach sql server 2008 R2 database in Sql Server 2008

• Hello Every Body,

I have a database which is Developed in SQL Server 2008 R2, but now I want to attache it in SQL Server 2008. Can any one help me how can I do so.

• SQL Server 2008 R2 bumps the database version.

As a general rule: Always develop databases on the lowest version you support. And don't expect to be able to restore or re-attach a database to an eearlier edition of SQL Server.

There are several tools available which can transfer database content (both structures and data), but these are very slow compared to attach restore.

Ole Kristian Velstadbråten Bangås - Virinco - Facebook - Twitter

Concatenating Row Values in Transact-SQL[/url]

• I think it is not possible, you can also have at the below link.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqldatabaseengine/thread/4daae3e5-15ab-4929-a122-e1bab420310e/

Regards

S.R.Kundur

• Hi,

Restoring backup is only forward-compatible.

You may achieve your goal if you can upgrade your 2008 version to 2008r2

Regards

IgorMi

Igor Micev,
    My blog: www.igormicev.com

• Your best bet here would be to script out the database (schema and data, if you so choose) on your source 2008 R2 instance, and run the script against your 2008 instance. It goes without saying, but you'll have to make sure that nothing is leveraged that isn't available in the older version. Otherwise you'll have conflicts.

But scripting out, and running the script is the easiest way to go to an older version if the implemented database functionality allows.

Twitter: @SQLife
    Email: sqlsalt(at)outlook(dot)com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply