How to calculate 'ToDay' or 'CurrentDay' using MDX?

• Hello there,

How can we calculate the present day or today in MDX?

I've created a report using analysis services cube,

how i can set today's date as default parameter value.

Or is there any other way to set the default parameter in the report?

Regards,

Ramu

Ramu
    No Dream Is Too Big....!

• You can set defaults in reporting services, but creating a "current date" calculated member and a named set is pretty useful.

For our cubes, the "current date" needs to be yesterday's date. To accomplish this we have:

[font="Courier New"]CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.[MEASURES].[Current As Of Day String]

AS CStr( Month(vba![Date]())) + "/" + CStr( Day( vba![Date]())) + "/" + vba![Right]( CStr( Year ( vba![Date]())),2),

VISIBLE = 0;

CREATE SET CURRENTCUBE.[Current As Of Day Set]

AS

//Members("[As Of Date].[Date-Fiscal].[Dates].&[" + CStr( Year(vba![Date]())) + vba![Right]("0" + CStr( Month( vba![Date]())),2) + vba![Right]("0" + CStr( Day ( vba![Date]())),2) + "].PrevMember")

Filter([As Of Date].[Date-Fiscal].[Dates],

vba!Cstr([As Of Date].[Date-Fiscal].MemberValue) = Root([MEASURES].[Current As Of Day String] ) ).Item(0).PrevMember;

CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.[As Of Date].[Date-Fiscal].[Current As Of Day]

AS

[Current As Of Day Set].Item(0)

//CASE WHEN vba![DatePart]("w",vba![Date]()) = 2 THEN

// StrToMember("[As Of Date].[Date-Fiscal].[Dates].&[" + CStr( Year(vba![Date]())) + vba![Right]("0" + CStr( Month( vba![Date]())),2) + vba![Right]("0" + CStr( Day ( vba![Date]())),2) + "].PrevMember.PrevMember")

//ELSE

// StrToMember("[As Of Date].[Date-Fiscal].[Dates].&[" + CStr( Year(vba![Date]())) + vba![Right]("0" + CStr( Month( vba![Date]())),2) + vba![Right]("0" + CStr( Day ( vba![Date]())),2) + "].PrevMember")

//END

VISIBLE = 1;[/font]

• Thanks a lot for your immediate response....!

Can you explain me what the query do and which dimensions have you used( like .....[As Of Date].[Date-Fiscal].[Dates].&[.......)?

Ramu
    No Dream Is Too Big....!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply