how to change log file settings

• You are still seeing only 1 row when you try from your workstation ssms? If so, have you tried closing down ssms and open it afresh..

Since this is not a common problem, I doubt something is wrong on your workstation ssms..

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• I closed and reopened it and it still shows mdf only.there are some tasks running on my workstation,once they are done i'll restart my workstation.I'll post the results.At the same time i'll connect directly to make changes.

Thank you all for your time and affort.

• Here is my little research on this issue.. I am not sure If its true.. Is its something like lack of permissions?

So when you are connecting remotely to the server May be you probably used windows authentication(which has full rights on the DB).

Other hand, If you are connecting the server from your work station with sql authentication (through SQL Client)

Probably this user might not have proper rights on the Database..

I doubt that, If that is the case.. How come you can be able to see only .mdf file...

will see weather get legitimate reason from ponders Or its just a bug.

• Open a new query in the database that you are interested in increasig the file-size and run the below query.

SELECT * FROM SYS.SYSFILES

Select the "Name" with groupid = 0

Run the below

ALTER DATABASE Database_name MODIFY FILE

(NAME = "Name",

SIZE = specify size in MB)

• Is this db is accessable. Why can't you just attach the snapshot of what you seeing the SSMS. 🙂

-- Babu.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply