how to combine values generated from XML a field in table and fields from other tables and same table

• I want data of 2nd select statement instead of t2.order_data in my first select statement.

select t1.order_date,

t1.solution_id, t2.order_data, t2.price,

t3.description

from Orders t1, Order_Detail t2, Order_Status t3

where t1.order_id=t2.order_id and

t1.order_status_id = t3.order_status_id and t1.username in('xyz') and (t1.order_status_id=1 or t1.order_status_id=2)

SELECT ('data(//zip)')

AS Zip,order_data.query('data(//Category)')

As Category

FROM Order_Detail

• You can put a sub-query in the Select clause. Put parentheses around it and treat it as a column.

For example:

select Col1,

(select ColA, ColB

from dbo.Table2

where ColC = Table1.Col1

for XML raw, type) as XMLCol

from dbo.Table1;

The data from the sub-query will be included as a column in the main (outer) query.

Does that help?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• can you please make it more clear with my statement.

Thankyou

• Nope. I don't understand what your second query is supposed to do, so I really can't do much with it.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• my second query selects value from xml,for e.g.

order_data.query('data(//zip)')

selects

from order_data column

• So long as the XML doesn't have multiple nodes, you can put the XQuery portions of the second query right into the first query. I thought you were going the other way around.

Property of The Thread

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply