How to connect crytal reports with sql server

• Hi,

I am Trying to run a report in crystal and i know that i should connect using the connection onsite_reader it is an ODBC conection to the sql server .but i don't know the password ,is that something i need to create or which is already created by someone.

Can anyone please help me.

• Set up an ODBC hook using the same logon and pswd pair that you use to actually log onto the server and you should be able to connect. I work mainly in 2000 and 2005, but should be the same for 2008. We have to do it this way for CReports that I put out on Business Object Enterprise...same logon/pswd pair all around.

Then in the Crystal Report, make sure that you use the same logon/pswd pair in the report. That way CR passes the Crystal log/pswd pair to the ODBC hook and you get in.

J.Nelson

• when i tried to set up an odbc hook it didn't ask me to provide login name and password .

• I always use the SystemDSN tab under ODBC. Are you on that tab? Follow the screen prompts and the wizard should ask for ODBC name, description, SERVER name, then go on the next panel to ask for other input. It SHOULD ask for your logon/pswd to gain access to the server.

• No,i did choose microsoft access but i can only see Datasourcename and description ,and when i am done OK button is populated.

• I got it.

Thanks Nelson.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply