How to create a batch file for executing any sql command

• Hi

I just want to execute a sql command stored in a sql file called test.sql through a batch file can you please advise how to write and run a batch file in window 7..

Thanks

Sqlbuddy

• In command prompt type

SQLCMD/?

It will show various options,which will help you to create batch file .

if you want to execute test.sql trough batch file , you can use

SQLCMD -Sservername -Uusername -Ppassword -i"\\yourpath\Test.sql"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    संकेत कोकणे

• Thanks for your reply, I have tried it but no joy, i just wondering do we have anything to do with windows authentication/permissions?

i have give as below

SQLCMD -S servername -U uid -P Pw -i"\\D:\x\y\Batch\QA\tables.sql"

• venkat.2829 (11/16/2012)

Thanks for your reply, I have tried it but no joy, i just wondering do we have anything to do with windows authentication/permissions?

i have give as below

SQLCMD -S servername -U uid -P Pw -i"\\D:\x\y\Batch\QA\tables.sql"

ohhh did you try this ?

SQLCMD -S servername -U uid -P Pw -i"D:\x\y\Batch\QA\tables.sql"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    संकेत कोकणे

• If your using windows authentication then you replace the -U and -P switches for the -E switch, also remember that the switches are case sensitive.

• yes i tried the same as this. if i try it from command prompt it is ending up with an error

HResult 0x35, Level 16, State 1

Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [53].

Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 : A network-related or in

stance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server

. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and i

f SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see

SQL Server Books Online..

Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 : Login timeout expired.

• What is your full SQLCMD call?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply