How to create new user accounts using GUI

• I used to create user's accounts and assign them access rights using sql server 2000 GUI but now in 2005 I do not see any GUI that allows me to do so.

Also how do I change sql server service port number using GUI?

• The add/manager user functionality is now under Security -> Logins in the object explorer. Right click on the logins folder to get options such as new login.

You can change the port number in SQL Server Configuration Manager by right clicking and choosing properties on the ip protocol for the instance of SQL Server you want. SQL Server Configuration Manager is in your start menu under start->all programs->SQL Server 2005->Configuration.

HTH,

- James

--
    James Moore
    Red Gate Software Ltd

• Journeyman, Muhammad and others:

Journeyman, Muhammad and others:

I was successfully able to installing sql server 2005 developer edition all peices except the "Workstation Component, Book Online, Development Tool", the last item in the installation list. It gave errror for bad sql.cab file. Although this developer edition came directly of the box this error came up in many attempts. Upon "Ignore" it gives error 2350.

I am able to run sql server's all the services and able to access it via VS.Net server browser. I can create and change tables etc. but there is no "Management Studio" installed. There is no icon for it either on the desktop or in the Start->SQL Server 2005 menu.

Is it possible to get and copy sql.cab file or entire client component from somewhere else? --Freed download or something? I searched for sql.cab file but it was not in the CD. It could be inside some other file or cmpressed.

Any suggestion.

• You need to use SQL SERVER MANAGERMENT STUDIO...

Start/All programs/sql server 2005/sql server management studio

connect to database serivices...

MohammedU
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP

• Muhammad,

Please see my revised post above.

Munzer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply