How to display pop up message in SSRS 2005?

• Hi Guys,

I have two parameters :

1. ReportType (with values - Manager, Supervisor, ALL)

2. EnterID (should enter manually)

Normally, the intention of my report is when the user selects ReportType as ALL, they should enter in EnterID as ALL

But for some reason, when the user selects ReportType as ALL and he enters the EnterID as value 100 or 200 or some number, the report is showing incorrect results.

Now, what I want is When the user selects ReportType as 'ALL' and if he enters anynumber other than ALL, I would like to see a pop up message displaying saying 'Please type ALL'.

Is this Possible?

• I hope this will help you

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Reporting+Services+(SSRS)/66259/"> http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Reporting+Services+(SSRS)/66259/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• All said fine Arun,

But to some extent I believe that report should not have pop up's.

The users have to be educated about the nature of values to pass.

Raunak J

• Yes Raunak.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Hi Raunak

If all were educated why did the Microsoft enabled that future?????????????????

According to Microsoft People were there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it easy

regards

sank

• When I design a report with multiple parameters and one parameter has a "higher priority" than another, I start by building an underlying dynamic stored procedure that dynamically builds the query where clause. In the stored procedure logic, I will have an IF statement that will test if a parameter contains a value such as 'ALL', I will build the where clause based on this parameter and disregard the value in the other lower priority parameter.

If you don't know how to write a dynamic stored procedure, you can search SQL Server Central. For example, click on the following SQL Server Central article titled "How to Build Dynamic Stored Procedures".[/url]

Also, when I create the parameters in the report, I sometimes put text in the parameter prompt that states that this parameter value will be ignored if 'All' is chosen in the other parameter.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply