How to do a subquery in derived column

• Hi,

I recently asked a question about using case with multiple conditions in SSIS,which i did solve.

i am stuck at the next level.

In the case statements ,i have a subquery which checks wheather that record exists in the table.

how can i accomplish that.i know it involves lookup but how to do use lookup here.here is my query for derived column.

(ISNULL([DOB])?1:(ISNULL([SERVICE])?1:(ISNULL([SUBMISSION])?1:(ISNULL([DATE_OF_PAYMENT])?1:(ISNULL([uniqueid])?1:(ISNULL([ID])?1:(([ID]=="000000000")?1:(ISNULL([Submitted_code] )?1:(ISNULL( [paid_code] )?1:(ISNULL([State_AB])?1:(len([Zipcode])!=5?1:(ISNULL([Zipcode])?1:0))))))))))))

i need to check for the column CODE.

i need to add like this

(select submitted_code from tblcodes) with the ISNULL condition

anyhelp is appreciated.

• The Conditional Split Task can only access information in the Data Flow, so you need to do your lookup before you get to the conditional split. You'll also need to configure the error output for your lookup to ignore errors for everything. If the lookup succeeded, then that column will have some value; if it failed, it will not have a value.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

• (Removed - Off topic - Please post in appropriate forum, at a minimum use a new topic/thread)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply