How to do an On Success chain on a lookup error path for new records?

• Hey all,

I'm using a look up to see if records exist in the target table and if not insert new records.  This has been fine up until now:

I need to add another SQL Command after the OLE DB destination connected to the lookup "error" for new records,

the only option is an error output from the ole task and I need it to be on success.

How do you jury rig this one?

thanks a million!

Skål - jh

• You've lost me I'm afraid. There are no OnSuccess outputs from components. You have error data paths (the red ones) and none-erroring data paths (the green ones). OnSuccess and OnError are control-flow concepts, not data-flow concepts.

Accepting that you're porbably talking about error and none-error data paths...you are right, the OLE DB Destination does not have any none-error (i.e. green) data-paths from it. Why would it? Its a destination after all. In other words, that is where the data ends up, it doesn't go anywhere after that.

If you want to do any operations on that data once it has been inserted into a table then use the Execute SQL Task or another data-flow.

-Jamie

• Cool thanks.

Yes I meant the green paths, I have an additional step to do after the insertion part only of the insert/update fork.  Will use SQL task and see if it will all execute in the correct pattern. 

much appreciated!

Skål - jh

• What is it you need to do?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply