how to Downgrade/Migrate SSIS2012 package to SSIS2008/R2

• Team,

I know I am asking very silly question, But We have put all our efforts to develop SSIS 2012 solution and now customer requirement changes and they wants to implement ETL in SQL2008R2.

Is there anyway by which we can convert existing SQL 2012 packages to SQL 2008R2 so that we can save our efforts atleast up to 50%.

Thanks,

Nimesh

• Nimesh_Parikh (5/31/2013)

Team,

I know I am asking very silly question, But We have put all our efforts to develop SSIS 2012 solution and now customer requirement changes and they wants to implement ETL in SQL2008R2.

Is there anyway by which we can convert existing SQL 2012 packages to SQL 2008R2 so that we can save our efforts atleast up to 50%.

Thanks,

Nimesh

There is a utility which would help you downgrade from 2008 to 2005. But between 2008 and 2012, there was quite a big change in the DTSX file format which means that, as far as I know, there is no way of doing this.

Having said that, there is no reason why the packages should not run on a separate 2012 server while the databases are on a 2008 db server.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply