How to edit a deployed SSIS package (file)

• Really stupid question. We have not had to edit and re-debug a deployed SSIS package yet. I have an SSIS package that we saved as a file to the SSIS server. It was working just fine. Developers wanted me to change the select statement. I went out, grabbed the dtsx file off the server, edited it, now I'd really like to execute it and debug it again, but the debug option is greyed out and we can't seem to figure out how to get it un-greyed. Please help.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• You have to open the solution(.soln file) in Visual Studio rather than (what I suspect you did) right click and edit the dtsx directly. You can only debug the solution.

Good luck!

• Try creating a new project and adding the exported package to it in the solution explorer, it should enable debugging.

• Yes it possible as far as i know its possible to change connection related properties.

I have created a package and further wherever i suppose to deploy it on client server i simply right click and open it in edit -- changes the connection string property and that's over it works fine..:-)

• prashant labde (7/3/2011)

Yes it possible as far as i know its possible to change connection related properties.

I have created a package and further wherever i suppose to deploy it on client server i simply right click and open it in edit -- changes the connection string property and that's over it works fine..:-)

I surely hope the person who started this thread 5 years ago already solved his problem 😉

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Yeah, May be i just shared what i did, indeed wants to get confirm from experienced people like you,

Anyway Sir i would like to ask you one question,

I have one requirement where i have one folder in which file is going to be moved and that could be any number of files, i am not sure about it.

So i have used for each container to iterate each file and dump data from Excel to SQL table one by one.

Problem Is at the time of development for each container requires to have atleast one file as a source which is again with the same format i.e same column names, and column numbers.

So i have given dummy source path which is static and have to be there every time, later at run time i am changing it to my desired location from where i am going to read number of files

Above all funda works fine, but just wanted to confirm that is this the correct way i am following. If no then please reply with the different efficient ways.:-)

Thanx in advance

Prashant Labde

prashant963@gmail.com

• The method seems OK to me. Do you use package configurations to change the path at runtime?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply