How to edit SCD transformation in SSIS?

• Hi,

I have a SCD transformation in an old package and I don't know what rules are used. I need to reverse engineer the process.

When I go to Advance Editor it only gives me the SELECT query used for input.

How can I see what rules are applied?

I only know that new records are inserted and old are updated (TYPE 1 dimension). But I don't know how it knows which are the new records.

-Vikas Bindra

• Use the Wizard to walk through the setup. Just keep in mind that if you get to the end of the wizard and select finish, it will rebuild all of the SCD tasks.

John Rowan

======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Thanks for your reply.

I tried using the wizard by double-clicking the component, but it asks me to re-setup everything.

By re-setup I mean, when the wizard is opened, on the first page, no table is selected. It doesn't show me the existing settings :ermm:

-Vikas Bindra

• Well, in that case, you may have to open up the .dtsx file in Wordpad and search for the SCD task name. The file is stored as XML so you should be able to find the task name and look at the task properties here.

John Rowan

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Thanks John!

Looking into the XML code was my first instinct also and I did that, but the XML also contains the query only.

I think I need to have through look in the XML because it has to be there....

-Vikas Bindra

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply