How to Eliminate SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON and SET ANSI_NULLS OFF from generated scripts

• When I do some setting ONCE (7 years ago) and never need to do it again, I tend to forget where it was that I made that setting... and with all my guesses proving wrong and not-always-useful documentation, it certainly makes me feel like a newbie.

When you generate SQL scripts from within Enterprise Manager, the generated script surrounds each CREATE PROCEDURE cluster with:

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

SET ANSI_NULLS OFF

GO

(create procedure statements)

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF

GO

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

I know there's a database or Enterprise Manager setting to eliminate this from happening, but I just can't find it. I recall that it's doing this because I've got a mismatch between settings in two different places, but that's all I remember.

Can somebody remind my (sadly and rapidly aging) brain how to have the scripts EXCLUDE these statements?

[font="Verdana"]If technology is supposed to give us more freedom and empower us to pursue the more important things in life, why do so many people allow themselves to become enslaved by it? Always remember, the truly important people cannot be reached... except when they want to reach you.[/font]

• I am trying to answer the same question, in the same circumstance. Looks like no one has responded here - and when I posted this question up on (wait for it...) Microsofts MSDN site, shock of shocks, no one answers there either. So once again Microsoft has built us a Space Shuttle to fly us to all corners of the Universe.... Only, someone forgot to install a simple on/off switch. Lord I love these guys - they can build highly complex buggy overblown apps, but ask them to tie their own shoes and fuggetaboutit.

There's no such thing as dumb questions, only poorly thought-out answers...

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply