how to exclude connections from a computer ?

• We need to stop connections from a web server, I just created a job running every minute to kill all connections from that box by "hostname", wondering is there a better way to do it ? thanks.

ddfg

• stop connections permanently, like using the firewall to ignore all traffic from the webserver?

i'd go firewall first, a login trigger would work for an entirely SQL solution, but the hostname can be faked in a connection string, so that's not 100% bulletproof;

firewall is my first choice.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I completely agree. The one and only way to disable access from a specific server is a fire wall rule denying connections from all IP addresses of the server(s) that you want to deny access. In some cases, it may be possible to circumvent this restrictions by routing traffic, possibly over a VPN connection, but I'd say this would be a rare case.

Ole Kristian Velstadbråten Bangås - Virinco - Facebook - Twitter

Concatenating Row Values in Transact-SQL[/url]

• You can also create a LOGON TRIGGER which will disconnect all connections coming from a certain hostname or IP-adres

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• Deny access for account used by web server.

Nchax

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply