How to find the which JOB and JOB-STEP is running for particular Stored Procedure

• I am having a stored procedure,and i want to find which job is executing that particular SP....plz any suggestions

• USE msdb

GO

DECLARE @proc_name SYSNAME = 'stored_procedure_name' ;

SELECT *

FROM dbo.sysjobsteps

WHERE command LIKE '%' + @proc_name + '%' ;

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• select s.name, j.command from msdb.dbo.sysjobsteps j

inner join msdb.dbo.sysjobs s

on s.job_id=j.job_id

where command like '%sqlbackup%'

• The above will work if it's in the command of the jobstep. If it's buried in SSIS, you're SoL. You can try a trace to track when it's being called to help narrow the possibilities down.

Also, you'll need to run this on any machine that has a linked server to your machine, as you could call it foreignly.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Craig Farrell (3/14/2011)

The above will work if it's in the command of the jobstep. If it's buried in SSIS, you're SoL. You can try a trace to track when it's being called to help narrow the possibilities down.

Also, you'll need to run this on any machine that has a linked server to your machine, as you could call it foreignly.

You can import the SSIS package into BIDS and save it to your file system. It saves as a dstx file, which is an XML file. You can then search it for the name of the stored procedure.

Good point about the linked server. I think I would only go that route after other searches didn't bear out.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply