How to fire the DTS Job

• Here's the situation....

I have about 33 CSV files that are downloaded onto a local server from one of our servicing companies on the 2nd. The start time can be anywhere between 4AM and 6AM, and can take several hours. (The 3/2/05 files started at 5:40AM and ended at 6:49AM.)

Using the xp_cmdshell'dir *.CSV' I'm able to load the directory into a table and evaluate for all being a single date, that it is the current date and I want to wait 15 minutes after the last file to make sure everthing is down and out of the cache. I've got that down my problem

How do you get the DTS job to fire? Do you create another job and fire that? What's the command?

Any help would be appreciated.

----------------
    Jim P.

A little bit of this and a little byte of that can cause bloatware.

• I assume that you have a scheduled job that is issuing the dir command through xp_cmdshell.  Once you have confirmed that you have your files, you can run your dts package also using xp_cmdshell and the dtsrun.exe utility.  Have a look in Books Online for usage.  You can do this within the same job.

Steve

• That will work.

Thanks. Just didn't spot it in the BOL the first and second time through (smacking forehead ) Ouch! that hurt.

Have a great day.

----------------
    Jim P.

A little bit of this and a little byte of that can cause bloatware.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply