How to get Deployed packages Connection details Programmatically?

• Hi,

I am planning to create one re-usable component (using .NET or something else) which should retrieve and show the properties and/or connection details of a deployed package in Integration Services.

This is mainly to help my SQE and Deployment teams since often they make mistakes while deploying though Deployment Utilities are given with clear deployment instructions.

If this tool is available, I can ask them to run and check the deployed server connections and properties. It will make my life easier to trouble shoot too.

Utility should check whether package is designed to refer deployment Utility, If so, then it should show the connection details from there otherwise should show details from the package which was given during the design time.

Please help me with your ideas on how we can implement this tool or links to help me to kick start my coding. Will SMO (SQL Server Management Object) help in this case?

Thanks,

Suresh

Regards,
    Suresh Arumugam

• Define the properties you might like to see..

CEWII

• This was compiled with VB 2008 Express. It is EXTREMELY rough but will enumerate connections (as well as a lot of other things)..

Hope this helps.

CEWII

• Thanks a lot Elliott..

Sorry for the delayed reply. It took some time for me to re-think of this tool and now with using your sample package, i am able to wrap up the expeceted output from my tool.

Thanks a ton again for your time and help.

-Suresh

Regards,
    Suresh Arumugam

• You are very welcome.

CEWII

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply