How to get the result from SP to dataflow task

• Hi All,

My stored procedure results in a table. and now i need to use this result to load the dats to csv. But I am not able to execute the stored procdure in the dataflow task. Since it doesnot give the table information. Please tell me any alternatives or give me ideas to resolve it.

Thanks,

Preensheen

• Data Flow source adapters do allow for SP execution. Does attempting this give you an error?

John Rowan

======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• John Rowan (10/26/2010)

Data Flow source adapters do allow for SP execution. Does attempting this give you an error?

Yes, i am trying to pass parameter and and everything correctly but still it is not allowing me to to do so.

Fyi..

I do have some temp tables created in the stored procedure.

• preensheen (10/26/2010)

Hi All,

My stored procedure results in a table. and now i need to use this result to load the dats to csv. But I am not able to execute the stored procdure in the dataflow task. Since it doesnot give the table information. Please tell me any alternatives or give me ideas to resolve it.

Could anyone please help me on this....

Thanks,

Preensheen

• preensheen (10/27/2010)

John Rowan (10/26/2010)

Data Flow source adapters do allow for SP execution. Does attempting this give you an error?

Yes, i am trying to pass parameter and and everything correctly but still it is not allowing me to to do so.

Fyi..

To confirm, in your OLE Source Object, you have it set to called query and something like:

EXEC sp_StoredProc @parameter1 = ?, @parameter2 = ?

If so, you need to go to the parameters object and make sure they're named parameter0, parameter1, etc.

Can you post the errors from the output?

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• preensheen (10/27/2010)

John Rowan (10/26/2010)

Fyi..

What is the error? It's probably your temp tables. Sometimes SSIS has a hard time gleaning the metadata for the result set when temp tables are used. There's a workaround, but first....what's your error?

John Rowan

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Please see the attached

• John Rowan (10/28/2010)

preensheen (10/27/2010)

John Rowan (10/26/2010)

Fyi..

What is the error? It's probably your temp tables. Sometimes SSIS has a hard time gleaning the metadata for the result set when temp tables are used. There's a workaround, but first....what's your error?

I had all the problems becasue i had too many temp tables in the SP. And you are right..It is because it had problem with Cleaning the metadata for the result set .

But now I was able resolve my issue by Select all the columns from the tables and fail the condition at the begining on the SP and it worked.

If there is any other better work around for this..please do let me know.

Thanks,

Preensheen

• That's exactly what I'd recommend to do (obviously from the other post).

John Rowan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply