how to give permission to the folder in which back up is taking

• Hi All

how to give permission to the folder in which i am taking network drive back up plz tell me step by step method for giving sql server as well as windows permission to that folder plz tell me in detail ...thanx in advance

• anshu84onnet (11/18/2008)

Hi All

how to give permission to the folder in which i am taking network drive back up plz tell me step by step method for giving sql server as well as windows permission to that folder plz tell me in detail ...thanx in advance

follow the steps:

* create a folder in network drive and share it with all permissions (just right click on the folder and select share option).

* map the above created network folder into your in SQL Server machine, just right click on My Network Places icon on you desktop and select "Map Network Drive", choose the above created folder.

* select database on management studio and press right click, backup database -> choose the path -> select network mapped drive letter -> ok to continue.

slow study the options and do this.

for more info, see backup database in SQL BOL.

• Kishore.P (11/18/2008)

anshu84onnet (11/18/2008)

Hi All

follow the steps:

* create a folder in network drive and share it with all permissions (just right click on the folder and select share option).

* map the above created network folder into your in SQL Server machine, just right click on My Network Places icon on you desktop and select "Map Network Drive", choose the above created folder.

* select database on management studio and press right click, backup database -> choose the path -> select network mapped drive letter -> ok to continue.

I agree with Kishore.P.

John Adam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply