How to globally uncheck "Enforce Password Policy" for new logins?

• Hi All,

I have run into an interesting problem and I am hoping someone here knows how to help me get around it.

Scenario:    I am running a vendor application install on server X and installing it as a "split" system so that the Database is running on a dedicated SQL server 2005 box.

Server X and Server Y are on a DOMAIN which has GPO's set automatically by being on the Domain,  in the GPO are strict password policy's which you can not turn off unless you take the server off the network, which would make it impossible to do the installation.

Scenario Cont.:  There are multiple ID's with passwords being automatically generated by the installation which are failing (which causes the application not to install properly) because they do not meet the Password Policy.

I know that you can unselect the "Enforce Password Policy" on individual accounts "AFTER" they are created,  but I need to find some global setting "IN SQL" that turns it off to begin with.   How do you do that?   I will of course want to turn it back on after the install, so accounts will be created accordingly, but at least these accounts, will not be affected.

Thanks,

Steven Stuart

• You will need to temporarily remove the servers from the Oranisational Units in AD that the GPOs are currently applying to and then add them back in once the app has installed.

• We can not do as you are suggesting,   there are policies around that too.   We are talking about a very strict and parnoid company that will not allow servers on the network without that.   There are no exceptions.

Thanks,

Steven Stuart

• Call the vendor, tell them their passwords suck, demand either refund or secure software.

-Eddie

Eddie Wuerch
    MCM: SQL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply