How to import data from Text file to SQL Tables

• Hi,

I have a text file contains 6 fields with proper data. I want to import this file into 2 tables.First four fields value will go to one table and rest of the fields value will go to another table.I am using using DTS Import/Export wizard but i am unable to map column name with multiple table.because at a time i can select only one table. Can anyone plz tell me how to select multiple tables and how to map field.

Need your help

Thanks & Regards

Niladri Saha

Thanks & Regards,

Niladri Kumar Saha

• Hi,

I've not tried this for on a live server so I'm not sure about how efficient it is but...

Create a new dts package with 1 Text file (source) and 2 OLE DB Provider Connections. Then map a Transform Data Task from the Text file (source) to each of the OLE DB Provider Connections. You can then set a different destination table in each of the OLE DB Provider Connections and set up your own transformations.

I think that it might still run aynchronously but it may be worth a go.

• I agree with Lamp.  You can't do this with the wizard.  You need to create a package.

The Transform Data tasks will execute serially if only one source connection is used.  Use two source connections for parallel execution.

Greg

Greg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply