how to install oracle client and ODAC 11g on sql server 2005 cluster 32 bit

• Hi all,

Has anyone ever installed oracle client and ODAC 11g on sql server 2005 cluster 32 bit? I need to setup oracle linked server through my sql 2005.

I managed to find one article that teach me using oracle client 10g on sql server 2005 cluster 64 bit, and it installed on C drive only. So, i believe i will not be able to use the linked server if there's failover occurs.

Please help. It's urgent!!! Thanks.

• The Oracle software will need to be installed on each node of the cluster and have the same configuration (eg: the same tnsnames.ora). When a failover occurs, SQL Server will use the Oracle software on the node that the instance is running on.

• I have recently installed oracle client 11.2 on our windows cluster.Install oracle client on C: Drive and repeat the same in other node too.You may have to add a path in environment variables.do this on both the nodes.

• Oracle by default will put the path to it's bin folder in the path statement. You have to be careful however if you have installed Oracle previously on the machine. Make sure you clean / delete the registry entries and clear the environment variables (including the path statement) prior to installing the new version.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply