How to load data from sql server into different workbooks with different names

• Hi Everyone,

I have an assignment like this....

I have table with 100 thousand records with 20 columns and among them there is one column called shcool_id. Now, the ssis package should take the sql server table data and bifurcate the data based on schoold_id and load it into different workbooks in any particular location with excel workbook name as school_ids.

The shcool_ids in the table may grow and it is not static. After loading the data into excel workbooks. These workbooks should be sent as an email (send mail task) attachment to different people managing these shcool_ids. The email_ids and school_ids are in a different table. Each workbook should go to each email_id by comparing the name of the excel workbook and shcool_ids in the table as excel workbook name is defined based on school_ids.

Please help me out in finding some solution to this problem.

If required I can create data structures for this problem.

Note: data should be loaded into excel 2007.

Thanks,

Sai

• This sounds like you'll want to use a ForeachLoop container to create, load, and email each school's workbook. A preliminary step would be to extract a list of school IDs into a system object resultset for the loop to iterate through. The name of each workbook would be built in a variable which in turn is passed to the Excel Connection as an expression to control the filename for each iteration.

• saidwarak01 (9/11/2009)

Hi Everyone,

I have an assignment like this....

I have table with 100 thousand records with 20 columns and among them there is one column called shcool_id. Now, the ssis package should take the sql server table data and bifurcate the data ...

Non-SQL Server note: I suspect that English is not your first language, and hope you won't mind some quick advice. 'Bifurcate' is a great word, but it means to branch into two, which is not want you want here. 'Split the data' is a more accurate description of the process you require:-)

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply