How to overwrite existing SSIS package in MSDB

• Hi,

i have updated a SSIS package on server1 and now need to update same on server2

i have coopied all the files on D drive of server2 ..nut dont know how to update pacakge in

Integation service tool of server 2 .

I need it to overwrite in MSDB folder (not in file system) where it acually exists already.

Please Help

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Hi,

- Using SSMS, connect to the SSIS instance of the destination/target server.

- Expand the 'Stored Packages' folder & right-click on MSDB.

- Select 'Import Package' & follow the prompts from there.

You can import from various locations, including another SQL instance.

Should the package you're trying to import already exist, you'll be asked whether or not you want to overwrite it.

Hope it helps

• Thanks

i followed the way you told ....but i m confused that

i have placed xxx.dtsx file in to d drive ....will it automatically take updated file and overwirte it in MSDB...?

...if yes the i did ...and also overwirte msg was asked but the error is same which

i was getting error...

how would i confirm that i have updated version of SSIS package.

thanks in advanced

I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Can you post the details of the error?

• Below is the error i m gettiing over and over though i delpoyed updated version as you told me ...

is error something reled to database table schema ??

#############################################################

Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]

(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\SQLMAN>cd

C:\>D:\Report\DataDump\SETup\dtexec.exe /DTS "\MSDB\SSIS_DataDump_Event" /SERVE

R T2DBA03 /MAXCONCURRENT " -1 " /CHECKPOINTING OFF

Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility

Version 9.00.1399.06 for 32-bit

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved.

Started: 2:13:09 AM

Progress: 2008-09-12 02:14:41.83

Source: Data Flow Task

Validating: 0% complete

End Progress

Error: 2008-09-12 02:14:41.85

Code: 0xC0202009

Source: Data Flow Task CUSTOM_FIELD [573]

Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred.

Error code: 0x80040E37.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft JET Database Engine" Hresult

: 0x80040E37 Description: "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the in

put table or query 'CUSTOM_FIELD'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spe

lled correctly.".

End Error

Error: 2008-09-12 02:14:41.85

Code: 0xC02020E8

Source: Data Flow Task CUSTOM_FIELD [573]

Description: Opening a rowset for "CUSTOM_FIELD" failed. Check that the objec

t exists in the database.

End Error

Error: 2008-09-12 02:14:41.86

Code: 0xC004706B

Source: Data Flow Task DTS.Pipeline

Description: "component "CUSTOM_FIELD" (573)" failed validation and returned

validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".

End Error

Progress: 2008-09-12 02:14:41.86

Validating: 16% complete

End Progress

Code: 0xC004700C

Source: Data Flow Task DTS.Pipeline

Description: One or more component failed validation.

End Error

Code: 0xC0024107

Description: There were errors during task validation.

End Error

DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1).

Started: 2:13:09 AM

Finished: 2:14:41 AM

Elapsed: 92.047 seconds

• i might be misinterpretting your problem, but the way i read it is you have an ssis package on server1 that you wish to move to server2. you are using msdb and wish to update the settings on server2.msdb to be the same on server1.msdb.

if i have interpretted your issue wrong then quite reading!

if this is your issue, then read on.

if i have read your issue correctly, i thinkh the easiest way is to open your package and make sure that you have a connection manager set to the msdb on your "new" server. right click to package configs and edit|choose new server|new msdb|next|next|close|save.

that was a very ruidmentary example and may not work for you. you should make sure that after you've actually gotten past the point of choosing the new server and table...when the details of your configurations are editable, you need to make sure that you select the items/values you want saved in the [package configs]

i hope this works for you, if not give me some more detail and i'll try to be better help - if i completely misinterpretted your issue, i aplogize!

• hi sdevanny

Thanks for ur effort...actually i figured oout the problem.

i was nit deploying the updated version bcoz.

in IMPORT wizard the first option was sql server but i need to chooes file system..

now i corrected it ..it working fine ..

Thanks again

• beleve it or not, that actually makes sense to me as i had that issue about a year ago on client site, i completely forgot about that until i saw your reply. tahnks for sharing your solution and jarring my memory!

• Hi ,

Please see below error ...and tel me the reason

it is occuring whenever i m executing SSIS packge

Warning:

Validation warning. Data Flow Task 1: CONTACT_CUSTOM_FIELD [26955]:

The external metadata column collection is out of

synchronization with the data source columns.

The column "custom_01" needs to be added to the external metadata column collection.

The column "custom_02" needs to be added to the external metadata column collection.

The column "custom_03" needs to be added to the external metadata column collection.

The column "custom_04" needs to be added to the external metadata column collection.

The "external metadata column "custom_4" (27462)" needs to be removed from the external metadata column collection.

The "external metadata column "custom_3" (27461)" needs to be removed from the external metadata column collection.

The "external metadata column "custom_2" (27460)" needs to be removed from the external metadata column collection.

The "external metadata column "custom_1" (27459)" needs to be removed from the external metadata column collection.

SSIS_DataDump_Event.dtsx 0 0

--

Thanks

Bhuvnesh Kumar

• in a nutshell, the name of the columns in your data source has changed since the package was last run/created and the column metadata is out of sync. paraphrasing the error message, the external metadata column "custom_4" (27462) is now called "custom_04".custom_4 needs to be removed and custom_04 needs to be added to the external metadata column collection.

select all, choose delete invalids and apply|ok. you can now add custom_01,2,3,4 to the collection. remap and you should be good.

hope this helps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply