How to Pause Transactional Replication

• Hi GermanDBA,

I have gone thru your scripts,can you explain the scripts?

Thanx in advance,

😛

• GermanDBA (12/18/2007)

Hi Homebrew,

Sorry, I think you misunderstood.... sarcasm is not an easy thing to display when writing on a message board.

I only meant that I made the mistake of not activating the schedule, but because it is a user error the blame is definitely by M$ for making me look stupid! ergo Bugfix request at M$

In that case, I have a lot of my own bug fixes to report to MS !!!

• Hi sram24_mca,

I'm not too sure what you mean. You read through the scripts and wanted an explanation of what they do? I thought that the comments in the script were enough.

Basically the procedure proc_Disablejob gets passed the replication job name from the job list in the Server Agent. The name is used to find the job in sys.jobs and if the job is running it is stopped and deactivated.

I have a similar procedure that starts the job, this is called after the ETL process has run.

HTH

German_DBA

Regards,

WilliamD

• My 2 cents here,

If you want to pause the Replication process between your PROD and DAtawarehouse system, I would say to stop the Log reader agent and snapshot agent job. When ever you want to start the replication you are good to go with starting both agent job again and your replication will be in sync.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply