How to publish SSRS without using sharepoint and opening SSRS using an icon

• Hi

Can anyone give me some advice on the following requirements please

1) I would like to know how to publish an SSRS 2008 report if a user does not have sharepoint installed on their PC/Server

2) Is there a way where a user can click on an icon on the desktop to open a SSRS 2008 report and use the parameters as well??

Thanks in advance:-)

__________________________________________________________________________________
    Steve J
    Jnr Developer
    BSc(Hon)

• I make them use the web interface. They can bookmark specific urls for all their favorite reports so it's 1 click after IE is open.

• Sharepoint installation is not a requirement of SSRS, it is an option that you can select. SSRS installs as a stand-alone configuration that does not require Sharepoint by default.

Using the default installation should work fine for you.

• Thanks for your reply guys

@Ninja's_RGR'us I think you might be right on this one just makes it a lot more easier, Do you have any information on steps of how you did yours??

I was thinking to use Report Manager to publish the report and copy the link into a short cut

__________________________________________________________________________________
    Steve J
    Jnr Developer
    BSc(Hon)

• stephenjohnson9 (6/1/2011)

Thanks for your reply guys

@Ninja's_RGR'us I think you might be right on this one just makes it a lot more easier, Do you have any information on steps of how you did yours??

I was thinking to use Report Manager to publish the report and copy the link into a short cut

Ya pretty much. The report is just a url so any bookmark will work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply