How to read the Execution plan :hehe:

• Hi,

What is the use of execution plan some graphical output are there so with the output how can we say that query is performing slow

How to read the Execution plan

And then here comes....

What is Table Scan

What is Index Scan

What is Index Seek

What is Clustered_Index Scan

What is Clustered_Index Seek

What is Non Clustered_Index Scan

How to ensure that the query is having good execution plan by seeing above scan and seeks.

How the Query optimizer operates

If so we found that execution plan needs to be improve how can we come conclusion by making modifications or creating index

I am having some millions of records in the Table (Already Indexes are placed )i need to ensure the select statement works good even if more millions of records are incoming, but the case will little difficult for me now the query starts to run slowly.Despite some more millions of records are added every time the output should not affect (any other option other than splitting up of the data in to two or more table having the ranges)what i needs to do.

I am not in a position to send the execution plan since the server more secured i cant be able to send the execution plan

I have googled but i am not able to understand it why it is acting so can any one help me out in this ,If you have good article please share.

Please give me suggestions how can i solve the problem I needs to know what action will makes more sense to have good output

Note:Time is too short for me :w00t:

• http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/books/65831

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply