How to remove a column...

• I am developing an SSIS package that does a merge left join on two tables, and then a conditional split that returns only those rows that have no match in the right table and ignores those with a match. I would then like to pass ONLY ONE of the columns from the return of conditional split into an OLE DB Command, as the stored proc I need to run accepts only one parameter.

I can't find any data flow transformation that accepts all three columns and outputs only one column... Is there some way to do this? Seems like it should be dead simple...

• There is no need to do this, the OLE DB command only uses the columns that you map into it, so if you have 100 columns but only need one here you simply map that one. You can usually manipulate the columns using the advanced editor but unless there is a REALLY good reason to do that, DON'T!

CEWII

• Yes, I'm finding the issue is a datatype issue, not an extra columns issue. The proc is expecting XML and the SSIS is converting the XML to unicode text...

Thanks for the reply!

• And for the solution...

Had to add a shell proc which accepts the nvarchar value that SSIS insists on using, converts it to xml, and then sends it to the real proc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply