How to run data flow task parallel

• Hi Gurus,

I have a scenario that I need to execute multiple data flow tasks parallel, can you please provide me how to run them parallel and what could be the server configuration to execute the package

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

Praneeth

• praneethus (5/9/2009)

Hi Gurus,

I have a scenario that I need to execute multiple data flow tasks parallel, can you please provide me how to run them parallel and what could be the server configuration to execute the package

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

Praneeth

I wonder if there is something missing from your description. If you want to execute any task in SSIS in parallel, you insert the task without connecting it with precedence constraint to another task.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• If the multiple data flows are not inter-connected with each other then the tasks will execute in parallel provided that you set the package property "MaxConcurrentExecutables" to an value higher than 1.

--Ramesh

• Like DTS you get parallel processing without using precedence constraint between tasks. However you must configure the control flow's property "MaxConcurrentExecutables" properly. Valid values are >= 1 or -1. If the number of tasks you want to process in parallel exceeds the value set for "MaxConcurrentExecutables" then the other tasks will have to wait for the parallel threads to become available.

MCTS: BI 2008, MCITP: BI 2008
    Stay Thirsty My Friends

• Thank you for your reply!!!!!

Do you have any idea how many processors are required for running multiple data flow tasks in parallel,can you give me a scenario that you have come across in you project that would be great for my project implementation

Thank,

Praneeth

• Parallel execution obviously improves performance on multiple processors but I am not sure what the required number of tasks to processor is, if any. However if you are designing a system to take advantage of parallel execution, understanding MaxConcurrentExecutables and EngineTreads properties is a good start. Below is an MSDN link that may address some of you concerns.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141031.aspx

- Costa

MCTS: BI 2008, MCITP: BI 2008
    Stay Thirsty My Friends

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply