How to set default location of datafiles

• Hello,

Can anybody tell me what parameter can i change to tell SQL Server 2005 the other default path of datafiles when a database is created?

The point is that i have one sharepoint that creates databases automatically and the path where the datafiles are stored is not the path that i do when i create manually one database.

Regards.

Happy New Year

Jorge Mendes;)

• USE [master]

GO

EXEC xp_instance_regwrite N'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE', N'Software\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer', N'DefaultData', REG_SZ, N'D:\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA'

GO

EXEC xp_instance_regwrite N'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE', N'Software\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer', N'DefaultLog', REG_SZ, N'D:\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG'

GO

• Another way would be go to Server Properties -> database Settings page and change "Database default locations".

😀

• Hi,

The Server Properties -> database Settings page and change "Database default locations" will only change one database files location but after the database as been creataed, am i right?

The point is that i want to change the default proprieties for any future database that will be created automatically in future.

Regards.

Jorge Mendes

😉

• Jorge Mendes (1/2/2008)

Hi,

The Server Properties -> database Settings page and change "Database default locations" will only change one database files location but after the database as been creataed, am i right?

The point is that i want to change the default proprieties for any future database that will be created automatically in future.

Regards.

Jorge Mendes

😉

This setting will affect any new database you create on the server. It has no effect on your existing databases.

SMS GUI method uses xp_instance_regwrite to change registry setting.

• Ops...... 😀 Sorry....

What a stupid question 😛 i think its the begin of a new year that affected my inteligence.........

Thanks and regards,

Happy new year for everyone

Jorge

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply