How to stop validation of SSIS packages when loading into VS

• Hello Chris,

No, I mean, if you do a trace you probably see that SSIS is sending such a command to SQL Server, before issuing the SELECT *...

I mean, SSIS is not really doing a full table scan but it wants only to retrieve the structure of the table (even though you only see it locking on the SELECT * statement).

If you manage to break up any table locking UPDATE/load or whatever the blocking transaction is doing into

smaller transactions you get less wait for SSIS to get the table structure forvalidation.

I would recheck the validation setting (you should be able to get SSIS to start even if you had locks on everything in your database, or if you even didn't have a database).

Hanslindgren

• Hi Hans

Ok, I understand, I was thinking that there must be some or other setting which SSIS was using and that it would really retreive the data.

As I mentioned that must have been also that I was updating the same table at that stage and that caused the locking problem.

But over all, I'll think I'll edit all my big packages and set the validation options, but if it hangs, the option is to kill the process from SSIS.

I've also found that it seems to help to have the latest SP installed on SSIS.

• My visual studio was getting slow when i just open the vs.

My package have 32 queries which runs simulteanously and inserts data in an excel file, whenever i open the visual studio it opens and verify all flow tasks which was a very heave duty for my machine. Alternately i have set the delay option to TRUE and now its working fine and taking no time to open. 😀

• Where is the delay option ?

regards,

AB.

• You will find this in the properties for the package and data pump task. See attached item for an example.

• RK-383011 (10/10/2008)

After opening the solution/project, before opening any package, set the VS to offline mode (SSIS -> Work Offline). Then try opening the packages. I feel that the packages open up much quicker.

This! I have a package that loops through connections and VS was taking literally hours to "validate" them all. Switching to "Work Offline" gave me access to the package in seconds.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply