How to track an activity

• Hi,

A few days ago, I had a selected group of triggers disappear. I say selected because in a giving table only the same group of triggers disappeared and not others. Anyway, I know the date that this happened, is there any way that I can see if a script(procedure) was run and by who on that day that would have deleted these? or anything else I can do to see what happened.

And this is on SQL server 2012

Thank you

• If the trace hasn't rolled over from when it happened, you could query the trace files or just do the Schema Changes History report for the database.

Sue

• Thanks for the reply, I did not set a trace, unless you are telling me that there is one internally set that I do not know of?

How would I query for this?

Thank you

• There is a default trace that runs. It's enabled by default and if you didn't know about it, it likely is still enabled. The Schema Changes History report queries the default trace files. You can execute queries against the files using sys.fn_trace_gettable. There are quite a few examples in the following (as well as some other info on the default trace):

The default trace in SQL Server – the power of performance and security auditing

Sue

• Thanks I really appreciate the help.

Thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply