How to Tune Data Inserts

• Bhuvnesh (9/1/2010)

Ramji29 (9/1/2010)

Bhuvnesh (9/1/2010)

Twinsoft SME (8/31/2010)

Ordering always helps too...

Not always

May be not always but if ordering is done properly then ... in almost all the cases....

Mostly Sql optimizer do a SORT operation (if required data is not in order ) according to the Clus index of destination table

I'm not very sure on this.... but I know one thing that if data is not in order than this leads to page splits.... but atleast we're taking some burden of the optimizer... agree??

• Ramji29 (9/1/2010)

Bhuvnesh (9/1/2010)

Ramji29 (9/1/2010)

Bhuvnesh (9/1/2010)

Twinsoft SME (8/31/2010)

Ordering always helps too...

Not always

May be not always but if ordering is done properly then ... in almost all the cases....

Mostly Sql optimizer do a SORT operation (if required data is not in order ) according to the Clus index of destination table

I'm not very sure on this.... but I know one thing that if data is not in order than this leads to page splits.... but atleast we're taking some burden of the optimizer... agree??

i had same kind of post couple of days ago ...refer it http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic965885-145-1.aspx

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• This is really good one... thx...

Rohit

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply