I have a problem with a bad install of BIDS 2008

• I have installed the SQL Management Studio tools time and time again and have never hit this one before.

This was on a completely fresh install of windows 7 64-bit.

Ran through the SQL Installer as normal, picked all of the usual tools, then rebooted, ran SP2, rebooted and ran SP3 to bring everything inline with the other machines here.

What is happening is that the install process is completing with no errors, as to the service packs.

But when we open BIDS (Visual Studio 2008) and try to create an new integration service project, it crashes with an error indicating that classes have not been registered.

If we use the "Choose Toolbox Items" option and try to look at the Data Flow, Control Flow and Maintenance tabs, they each open empty, which tyhe other such as the COM components are fully populated.

I have tries uninstalling and reinstalling (completed with deleting all files and directories and scrubbing the registry), tried removing and adding .NET 3.5 (Windows 7 will not allow me to install the .NET 3.5 SP1 downloads), but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any clues before I flatten and rebuild the PC from scratch.

---------------------------------------
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    It is by the Beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

• I believe that I had the same problem once, but I can't be 100% percent sure.

Could you post the exact error message that you get?

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply