IF Backup Devices Deleted

• Dear Members,

My scenario is that i created backup devices long back , now i don't remember where are their paths..

unfortunately my colleague deleted that backup devices from management studio. How can i get backup file from that backup devices(i forgot the path of that backup files in that back up devices)?

Could you please help me to sort out this?

• Hi,

Windows search on *.bak.

Goodluck.

For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, read Jeff Moden's suggestions.[/url]

"Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten." ― Terry Pratchett, Mort

• i don't think answer is that much easy

If my Backup file on different server ,in which i don't have access on that server? what can i do?

• Ask to get permission, or ask someone else to look for you. 🙂

For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, read Jeff Moden's suggestions.[/url]

• If you have any other backup devices, check out where they are pointing to. Maybe the file you need is in the same location.

• select * from backupmediafamily

this table will have where the last backup happened.

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

• I would recommend that you stop using backup devices - setup the maintenance plan or your backup scripts to use a separate file for every backup.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply