Ignore failure works in Visual Studio but not in Integration Catalog

• Hi

I have a control package which calls a number of packges as part of an ETL process. In the RAW layer (from source to DB) I have a file which has failed due to a metadata change. This caused the whole ETL to blow up.

I modified the control package by updating the precedence constraint to "complete" instead of "success" with the intention of logging the error but not blowing up ETL.

This change work in VS in that when the file fails the package continues and the control package completes.

However, when i deploy to SSIS catalog the and execute, the control package (and thus the entire ETL) fails.

Can anyone advise or possibly provide an alternative solution?

Thanks

• This doesn't sound right; I wouldn't expect the package to behave like that. Have you tried changing the ForceExecutionResult value of the Node to Success?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Hi

Thanks for the reply. OK, so I have discovered a couple of things.

The RAW ETL did in fact complete and all other sources where imported. However, the SSIS catalog report "All Executions" displays the control package as failing. Makes sense as the package did actually fail.

The issue is that the Staging layer only starts if the RAW control reports success.

I did apply the Force Execution Result to success which in Visual Studio give a green tick even though the package failed. However, the "All Executions" report still displays failure for the offending package.

Anyone? I am stumped!

• Is this, by any chance, in some kind of loop container?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Hi

yes, I am looping through a folder in the child package. The file path / name are variables with file name being *filename*.csv.

Currently there is only a single file (the corrupt one) in the folder.

Thanks

• If this is in a loop container, then you actually want to turn error propagation off on  the node:

1. Open your package.
    2. Select the Event Handlers Page.
    3. Locate the node in the left drop down and select OnError in the right drop down.
    4. Click "click here to create an 'OnError' event handler for the executeable '{Node Name}'"
    5. Go to the variables pane (you might need to do this from the Control pane via Right clicking the blank area due to "features").
    6. Click the box with the lines icon (which is the Variable Grid Option button).
    7. Make sure Show system variables is ticked.
    8. Click Ok
    9. Find Propagate in the variables list
    10. Change the value of the variable to False.

Peek 2020-07-29 16-41

Thom~

Larnu.uk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply