Image Wizard 2000

• I'm trying to put an external image on a report. I have been told it's as easy as selecting web(1 of the 4 options in image wizard). I only have 3 options, Embedded, Project, and Database.

I looked up this on BOL and found from this link that SQL 2000 reporting services shouls have it...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa237969(SQL.80).aspx

Am I missing an installation of something?

Can someone running SSRS 2000 check their Image Wizard and see if they get 4 options?

• i am using 2005 and i have 4 options. 4th one is WEB. In images, usually u can use embedded images. it depends how and where u r using it.

• Thanks for getting back with me.

I'm trying to determine if there is something missing with our SSRS 2000.

Because the link(in prevoius thread) is for SSRS 2000. Also I have read it in a few posts about the 4 options.

I only have three.:angry:

As far as the embedding goes the pictures get updated frequently. Hoever the names of the pictures stays the same. So if I embedded them I would then have to write a programs to embed them as I update them. Seems like alot of screwing around when this 4th option is there. I just don't have it.

• Hi,

As i said it really depends how u want to use it. I have some graph which should appear in certain condition. So i put expression on value of graph and put condition and write name of embedded image. Appropriate image appears as condition met.

I never think about using WEB option for my any report. At least 3 options are available for you which is most important to deal with images.

i hope it helps.

• The first thing I need to do is add the images of our inventory to the inventory list. We have over 500 units I report on. I update around 20 units each week with new pics. I upload these pics on various websites as well as our own.

Because of this I thought that it would easier to get the images on my report by calling the image to the report from the website.

What I know of embedding images in a table, then call the image from table, is from Access. In Access it takes alot of space and time.

I have 500 units with at least 4 pics of each. Becasue of recent changes I'm needing to now take 8 pics of each unit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply