Images in Reporting Services

• Hi Guys,

We have an image data type in our table to store bmp files.

I inserted an image item into the report and set MIMEType to image/bmp because my file is bmp.

Set Source to Database and the value to the image field in my table however when I run the report, it's coming up as a cross.

The error message as follow:

[rsRuntimeErrorInExpression] The Value expression for the image ‘image1’ contains an error: Invalid length for a Base-64 char array.

[rsInvalidDatabaseImage] The Value expression for the image ‘image1’ did not evaluate to an image.

I tried putting this into the value field and getting same result.

=System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetBytes(Mid(System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetString(First(Fields!Signature.Value, "DataSet1")),79))

Can anyone help please.

EK

• Fields!Signature.Value should work.

Please refer to Product Catalog RDL in Adv works 2005/2008. There is a Image control called ProdPhoto and do refer to the properties for MIMEType,Source,Value and Parent.

Also you might want to check your datatypes with those in Production.ProductPhoto

View Siva Gurusamy's profile on LinkedIn

"Software changes. This is a rather obvious statement, but it is a fact that must be ever present in the minds of developers and architects. Although we tend to think of software development as chiefly an engineering exercise, the analogy breaks down very quickly. When was the last time someone asked the designers of the Empire State building to add ten new floors at the bottom, put a pool on the top, and have all of this done before Monday morning? " : Doug Purdy, Microsoft Corporation

• I actually thinks the problem relates to the bitmap image I remember having problems with bitmap changed to either GIF or JPEG and the problem was resolved. If you must use Bitmap you may try adding it to a Rectangle instead.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Gift Peddie (3/6/2009)

I actually thinks the problem relates to the bitmap image I remember having problems with bitmap changed to either GIF or JPEG and the problem was resolved. If you must use Bitmap you may try adding it to a Rectangle instead.

I will gives this a try.

The data type for the field in DB is Image and I import the bmp file into the database using another system which accept BMP files on.

When I look at my dataset, the bmp file field is shown as BINARY, I can't simply drag this into the report as it changes to a text box so I inserted an image thingy and set the property however a red cross come up.

I think the issue is with the client software that I used to import the picture as I did not have a problem displaying bmp picture on the report from another Image field on another sql table.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply