Import stops after 97k rows

• I've been trying to upload a text file with 117,000 records into a database table using the Import & Export wizard. I have tried field lengths field but it seems that it always stops at row 97,423. The file looks OK, nothing unusual in the text. Any reason why it would stop like this?

• Please have a look on the t-log usage. Verify that u got any t-log full error, if so follow these methods to overcome

1. Increase the t-log space

2. If AUTOGROWTH is not enabled, try with enabling it

1. Change recovery model to BULK LOGGED and try to run the transcation, change it back to original RECOVERY MODEL, take a full backup

SQLforU
    info@sqlforu.com
    For online training on SQL Server and Sybase, please contact
    contact@sqlforu.com
    www.sqlforu.com

• SQLforU (9/7/2011)

Please have a look on the t-log usage. Verify that u got any t-log full error, if so follow these methods to overcome

1. Increase the t-log space

2. If AUTOGROWTH is not enabled, try with enabling it

1. Change recovery model to BULK LOGGED and try to run the transcation, change it back to original RECOVERY MODEL, take a full backup

I have tried to increase the log file size and set unrestricted growth using the following code, but there's a bug in it somewhere:

USE master;

GO

ALTER DATABASE dataease2

MODIFY FILE

(NAME = dataease2_log,

SIZE = 110MB,

FILEGROWTH=10MB

MAXSIZE = UNLIMITED)

GO

• Add a comma before MAXSIZE

• Please keep an eye on DISK free space as well.

Keep the MB growth to higher values somewhat like 100MB. Which will make sure that it creates less number of VLFs

SQLforU
    info@sqlforu.com
    For online training on SQL Server and Sybase, please contact
    contact@sqlforu.com
    www.sqlforu.com

• Ninja's_RGR'us (9/7/2011)

Add a comma before MAXSIZE

The command runs ok, but when I check properties it still says "restricted growth"

• Are you sure you are looking at the right file? Did you refresh after running the command?

• Ninja's_RGR'us (9/7/2011)

Are you sure you are looking at the right file? Did you refresh after running the command?

Yes - I know because the size change to whatever I set in the statement. But the growth is still set to restricted growth.

• Restricted to what?

• If I look at the properties, it says "autogrowth by 20MB, restricted growth to 2Gig"

• Change it there and hit ok.

• I can do that but it will not save. (Is this because it's the Express version?)

• Possibly, would make sense.

• Here is the error message from the Import/export wizard log:

The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

And no matter what size I set the logfile to, it seems to break down at record 97342

• Can you stop it at 97K and see how big the db is? That would confirm the express limitation theory.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply