Importing Excel File

• Hi Guys,

I am looping through excel file by using the Foreach File enumerator. However after selecting the new Excel connection manager properties window, In the Property Expressions Editor I selected property as connection string and entered following expression.

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + @[User::BudgetFilePath] + ";Extended Properties=\"Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes\";"

But excel is not loading it's giving me error message as there is no valid object. When I remove the expression it works fine.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue.

Thanks,

Rahul

• i would advise you to use ExcelFilePath instead of ConnectionString in your expressions.

Are you getting this error when you tried to use it in a data flow task?

• Also check that the BudgetFilePath variable has been set so that it points to a valid file so that SSIS's meta-data validation does not fail.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Double-quote the variable like this:

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\"" + @[User::BudgetFilePath] + "\";Extended Properties=\"Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes\";"

Your path probably contains spaces.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply