Importing from Microsoft Access 2000

• Hi

I hope you can help me I am trying to import an Table from a Microsoft Access 2000 Database into a SQL 2000 Database.  I keep getting this message;

"Insert Error, Column 4 ('column name', DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP), status 6: Data overflow."

Please can somebody help

• by default i think the datatype selected for a datetime conversion is smalldatetime, and it really needs to be datetime.

change datatype on column 4 to datetime, and also any other date fields that you might be importing.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Also, Access Date/Time can handle a larger range of dates than SQL.  In the past I've found typos can cause problems like this, e.g. 01/03/101 is valid in Access Date/Time, but will cause an error in SQL Server smalldatetime and datetime

Try running a query on your table looking for dates before 01/01/1900, e.g.

SELECT * FROM my_import_table WHERE [datefield] < #01/01/1900#

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply