In 2005 - How do you open a migrated DTS package?

• I am in the middle of a migration - I have brought over all the packages from 2000 into 2005 - as SSIS packages now. I can see them and can even run them - but how do you open these in the SSIS BI tool? All the articles I have found so far show you how to create new ones... and I can figurew out how to open these migrated ones in the development environment to get to the GUI that shows you all the steps and flow. Just takes a while to get used to thsi new interface. Everything else is going great though - very fast. Thanks in advance.

BEM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Hi,

I jus browsed across and felt this solution would help you out....

To open the Migrated packages in sql2005 follow the below steps:

Sqlserver2005 -> BusinessIntelligenceMgmtStudio ->file->newproject->Integrationservices ->

In the solution explorer, under the ssis packages folder, right click and choose add existing package. choose the servername and the location from which the .dtsx file needs to be opened.

Thanks & Regards,

IndraNarayan.

• I would like to use the SQL Server Management Studio to schedule and otherwise manage packages stored in MSDB.  Using your method above, the BI Management Studio packages appear to be stored as external project files, so that if I add existing packages and modify them, the modifications aren't stored in MSDB.  (Or maybe they are, but I'm confused more than I realize.)

How do I update the MSDB-stored packages?  We want a central location for all our SSIS packages, so that multiple developers can modify and use the same packages.  (This used to be so simple: Enterprise Manager modified and managed the DTS packages, and all of us saw the same set of packages.)

- Patrick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply