Input Text Box for custom report

• Hi, is it possible in sql2005 reporting services to add an interactive text box linked to the database that will allow the user to either add data into a table or to update data in a table like a form text box? If so can someone point me in the right direction of how I could go about doing that? Thank you in advance.

• well - depends on what you mean. you can add parameters to a report, and since you can use a stored procedure as the basis of your report, I suppose the stored procedure could store or update a field with that information.

On the other hand - if you're talking about a data entry form on the report itself - I don't think that's possible. I'd look at using panels, and/or Asp:formview in a web app to do that (have the report render into a ASP:panel object, with the formview somewhere right next to it for the entry/update).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Thanks Matt, I'll play around with the parameter input into a sp. But you're probably right an asp web form is probably the way to go.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply