INSERT & UPDATE not working all of sudden

• Hi There,

I have a weired problem going on one of my SQL Server 2000 database where other databases are working fine on the same server.

We have a "Products" database on our server but its stop working all of sudden & not inserting or updating few tables (ex: 'Table A', 'Table K') unless we stop & re-start the sql services again. Is there anything particular we should do on these specific tables or there is total wrong with entire "Product" database?

Please help me in this regard how we could solve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Muktesh

• It could be many things....how does it authenticate permissions - with a domain controller? Is the connection broken and restarting services reconnect?

How old is your system? Is the hard drive(s) failing?

-SQLBill

• Hi Bill,

Its not authenticating through domain controller. I have setup IUSER_<machine name> windows user setting under security -> logins option via enterprise manager. I have also verified that the db transaction log has just 6 MB in size where we have given max limit upto 100MB. I wonder how the other databases running ok on this same machine where having trouble with only "Products" database.

The server box is a dell poweredge and just 2 years old & have enough memory.

I really appreciate your thoughts!

Regards

Muktesh

• how about (b)locking issues, long running requests,...

sp_who2, sp_lock may help out

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• Any chance that the data file these tables are in is full and not set to autogrow?

• Assuming you have a test environment?  If so, have you restored the database there and can you reproduce the error?

If not, can you run the query/proc from query analyser?  What error are you getting?

Are there any triggers on the tables in question?

• Have you checked for Triggers on the problem tables that would stop the inserts / updates? And have you checked table / column level permissions for the tables?

• My database files was setup as autogrow & log file as max limit to 100MB. Where it has occupied just 7MB now.

• I dont have test environment. But I created a duplicate to this database on the same server & this problem is not there on that new db. I'm not getting any error when querying the database. My users can see the rows on their GUI. When this error happens I tried to update a row in the table via Enterprise manager but it didnt take my update & just hanging there & not responding.

• How did you create the duplicate?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply