INSERT & UPDATE not working all of sudden

• Hi There,

I have a weired problem going on one of my SQL Server 2000 database where other databases are working fine on the same server.

We have a "Products" database on our server but its stop working all of sudden & not inserting or updating few tables (ex: 'Table A', 'Table K') unless we stop & re-start the sql services again. Is there anything particular we should do on these specific tables or there is total wrong with entire "Product" database?

Please help me in this regard how we could solve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Muktesh

• Hi,

Have a look on the transaction log file and check that it has the enough space. I think its due to the transaction log file.

Take the backup of transaction long and make it empty.

Hope this will sort out your problem.

cheers

• Hi Rao,

Thanks for your quick reply. The current transaction log size seems just 6 MB where I have given restrict file size limit as 100 MB. Is there anything more we should concern?

Thanks again

Muktesh

• Are you getting an error?

I don't see enough information to help U.

• Hi Ray,

Nope, I'm not getting any error message on server console. But its all of sudden stop doing insert & updates into few of my tables. I appreciate you help.

Regards

• Start the profiler, see and playback the statements that should be doing the work.  Also show the execution plan while playing back the statements in QA.  Maybe there are some "hidden" triggers that are screwing up with you .

• I dont think there are any triggers setup on this database or tables. Should we truncate the log file and create another one?

• Have u looked at the indexes to find out if thats causing the issue.

• I suggest you look at the code. I'd offer to bet you have two resources locking each other or you have a lock on a table not being released.

• Would it be to just check sp_who2 when you have the issue to check for blocking...ect.

If it were the code, could a begin tran with no commit be a cause also? Causing an open transaction?

Can you manually insert a row when you start having the issue? Does it give you an error message when attempting to insert? For example via Query Analyzer?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply