Install Issues

• I have a copy of the ISO for SQL 2008 R2 Developer.

On my Win7 Pro 64bit machine it has installed fine.

I am trying to install it on our Win Server 2008 R2 64bit VM on VMware EXS host.

This is a new VM an has nothing installed on it.

When installing the setup files it states

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup

------------------------------

The following error has occurred:

Error reading from file D:\1033_ENU_LP\x64\setup\sqlsupport_msi\PFiles\SqlServr\100\Setup\fe72iemr\x64\xtfugnej.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Click 'Retry' to retry the failed action, or click 'Cancel' to cancel this action and continue setup.

I try to copy this file manually to my pc from the image and it throws an error Invalid MS-DOS function.

When trying to copy the whole folder contents some of the files copy but 5 out of 89 throw this error.

This does not occur on my Win 7 machine.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

I have tried to google in with no luck.

I also tried mounting the ISO on Daemon tools and directly on to the VM.

thanks all for reading and any help

• Are you mounting the installation ISO as a virtual drive using VMWare? If so, you'll have problems with that.

Try using something like MagicDisk to mount the ISO from within Windows Server.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Hi Yes

I have tried all of these (daemon magic and virtual drive) and on my pc i have tried using the actual disc.

The problem only occurs on the servers and i have 3 (servers).

On Win 7 desktops it works fine.

First thing my System administrator said as well.

• You'll need to get ahold of Microsoft support for that then. If the installation media work on some machines but not on others, there's something wrong with the machines it's not working on.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Hi Thanks for your reply.

Not sure what happened but we downloaded some new media from the volume licensing site and it worked fine.

Thanks for your advice and that would have been our next step.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply